by Peter Jackson | July 18, 2019 11:10 AM
You feel tired of signing in each time you open your favorite site through Microsoft Edge browser. You might not know that this browser has a solution to save passwords and enable automatic login to your favorite sites. Below is how you can manage your passwords and see them in Microsoft Edge browser.
The simplest way to manage your saved passwords in Microsoft Edge is from its Settings page.
4. Choose and click on one of the logins to edit your username and password
5. If you want to edit or delete your login information, just right click on login, launch it in a new tab and you can then fill in your password and user name. The browser will open a site from Windows Credentials Manager where you are able to edit
To know more information about viewing your passwords for the saved logins, you should navigate to the system settings and choose your preferred ones.
Once done, you can log in and save yourself the hustle of logging each time.
Also read: How To Fix Windows 10 May 2019 Update Problems
In the later Windows 10 update, Microsoft has already improved its Edge Browser by adding features that allow you to save your web passwords and credentials. Once you have signed in or logged in to your favorite website, there will a dialogue box pops up, asking you whether you want to save your credentials. In the future, all logins are just automatic.
I know many of you are using the Microsoft Edge browser as the primary browser, so there are multiple credentials saved. All this can help you view your password for a specific address and add it to other apps. Additionally, you can also notice that there is no direct way to access your passwords in Microsoft Edge even when it’s easy to edit or delete saved passwords without being able to view them. Due to security features that are added in Edge browser for better privacy and security, you can only see asterisk instead of the display password.
Fortunately, there is still a way for you to view your passwords in case you do not remember. You can do it easily by following the simple steps that are going to be listed below without the need for third-party software. The passwords can easily be managed by opening Credential Manager, which is an inbuilt utility. The Credential Manager allows you to see all your saved passwords in Microsoft Edge browser and even remove them if you want. To do so:
3. Click on the URL that you want to view the saved password
4. If it does not show up after the last instruction, you should not worry since the Credentials Manager will not show passwords by default.
5. To view your password, simply click on Show link and you will be asked to enter your password. The account password here is your username or Microsoft account.
That’s how to manage and view your account and passwords in Microsoft Edge browser. If you have any question, let’s know in the comment below.
Source URL: https://technorumors.com/manage-your-saved-passwords-in-microsoft-edge/
Copyright ©2021 TechnoRumors unless otherwise noted.