How to use PS4 controller on your Windows computer
by Peter Jackson | July 9, 2019 9:13 AM
There is no doubt that some games on your Windows will be much easier when playing with a controller. If you don’t have an Xbox controller, the PlayStation DualShock is a great alternative. Previously, you could not do that. But now, there is a software out there, usually known as DS4 Windows, which can override your computer and cheat it as you are actually using your Xbox controller while in fact, you are not.
Steps to Download DS4 Windows and Install It on Your Computer
- First, visitDS4Windows.
- Scroll down and click on Downloads
- Choose“Main builds of DS4Windows”.
- Download the latest version.
- Once done, open the Zip file.
- Right click on the file and select extract all files.
- Set a name for your file you want and press OK.
- Go to the extracted folder and you will find necessary files there.
- Now, double click to open DS4Windows.
- Choose if you want to save the settings and profiles to a program folder or App data.
- If your computer is running on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, choose Install the DS4 Driver.
- If you are using Windows 7 or older, choose to install the 360 driver.
So, that’s it. It will start installing programs that you need and allow your DualShock controller to easily work on your Windows computer. You can also check the different ways of connecting your DualShock controller to your computer through Bluetooth or cables.
Steps to connect via USB cable
- Plug your controller to your PC using the same USB cable you usually use to connect it to your PlayStation 4.
- When the pop-up shows up and says Windows has detected your device, you can immediately use it to play games.
Steps to connect via Bluetooth
- Press firmly the PlayStation button and Share button until you see the lightbar on your controller flash.
- Launch the Bluetooth settings menu on your Windows computer.
- Choose“Wireless Controller”.
- When you are prompted to enter a pairing code, type in“0000”.
That’s how to connect your PS4 Controller with your Windows computer. Let’s know in the comment section if you feel this post helpful.
- DS4Windows: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/tree/jay/DS4Windows
Source URL: https://technorumors.com/use-ps4-controller-on-your-windows-computer/
Copyright ©2021 TechnoRumors unless otherwise noted.